Sunday, May 6, 2018

Teacher Appreciation Week

Found out tonight that this week is teacher appreciation week and each day is a specific gift idea 

Monday - sweet treats 

So because my sons teacher is male - I needed to think of something not too foo foo - and not the usual candy bar,  so we got him a gift card to Starbucks and the next task was I needed to find a pattern for a gift card holder.  

At 10:45 tonight I remembered that I needed to make the holder so I figured out my own pattern and made it using scraps of paper - 

This is the die & stamp set I used and the sidekick 



I love how small the side kick is - it really makes it more portable to pull out and now I use it all the time!  

I literally just folded up the middle to create a small pocket to hold the card but because the gusset I made to hold the card was too small I just added a glue dot on the back to hold it on which also  helps make it a pop-up too! 



Here is the front of  the card holder - I added a pop dot to the upper flap to hold the card shut and the back of this holder also has some of the teal paper which I left blank so my son can sign and date. 

& yes it came out so fun! Check out my Instagram for a cool boomerang of this idea 

Happy crafting 







No comments: