Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Craft Show signage - TUTORIAL

Nothing like waiting until the last minute for making things for my craft show.

So last year I wanted to make a magnet board that would fit on my table so we went shopping and  we bought all these pieces at Lowe’s.





The circular piece is in the building section - it’s used for making side tables - then one 2 x 4 and a hinge and a hook. The one thing we couldn’t find was the right sized metal sheeting to cover this circle. I tried buying that roll of stickable magnet but that wasn’t the right size either so it sat unused all year. 


So since it can stand up I thought I would make a sign for my craft show booth. I painted the circle with chalkboard paint - and then added some painted elements around the outer part - I did that so there would be permanent color on the piece. 




For rest of the sign I used chalk. Mostly because I wasn’t sure about my writing but once it was done I had wished I used paint...the main reason I wanted to use chalk was because I wanted to be able to add different Holiday emblems for each show I was participating in...all in all - I’m in love! 

Let me know what you think 

Happy Hump Day 
T

1 comment:

Claire said...

Your chalkboard looks lovely, clever idea to use table top. Did you know you can get magnetic paint this might help make it a magnetic board.