Monday, February 22, 2016

Pink party decorations HOW TO

remember that cute party I spoke about in my last post well today I want to share the HOW TO part of it

Here is the photo of the back drop or photo booth area 


The pretty princess in front of the back drop



Here is the back drop in its entirety - cute right?

So the first part was the streamers - all you need is about 3 rolls of your color choice in streamers and I used some fun duct tape that I had at home already...



I laid out a long piece of duct tape and folded it under so the one loose end would stay down. Then I just tore pieces of streamer the length I wanted and stuck them onto the tape DO NoT stick it all the way at the top - you need that part to stick to the wall.



Then just put it up where you want it



Then you can add balloons and maybe a cute paper banner and a dollar store balloon and wham a cute photo booth backdrop



I made these cute crown wands that I cut using my circuit and had planned to put them into the cupcakes but there wasn't enough room on the tray to add them 



I used washi tape to add them to some cut straws. 



The next thing I made was a stand for a "SMASH" cake CUPCAKE since she is so small and wasn't sure how she would take to the taste of the frosting and cake itself - I didn't think I should waste a cake for just some mess - so instead I made her a cupcake stand 



2 pieces of wood bought at hobby lobby painted then glued them together. I used some scrap pieces of paper and trimmed them then used a paper punch to add some trim and make it cuter - just used that heavy duty tape to add it to the wood.





Then I  Used some more scraps and made a cute little 1 


Cute right?

The whole party turned out super cute and my son and his wife loved the whole look of it.



She liked playing with the frosting more then she did the taste. 



And here we are taking photos in front of the backdrop but we are such a big family that we went past the back drop.

Anyway, you can use these ideas to make your own party decorations - just thought I would share the starting point.

I will be linking this up to the following parties:
 
 
 
Link party palooza over at I heart Naptime
 
 
Happy Crafting 

xo
T












No comments: