Monday, August 17, 2015

Travel Buddy

About 2 years ago, we went on our first ever across STATES (Like more then 3) "Road Trip" - it was an ordeal to pack for and get car ride activities together for so much time spent in the car. Once that was taken care of we took off and traveled - We went to

Las Vegas then into Utah then Wyoming up to Montana and once in Bozeman, Montana

I was in awe of the sights, the beauty of the land and the small towns and the shops...I hadn't brought too much in the way of Crafty supplies with me so while visiting the shops in Bozeman I found a small quilt shop - I decided that I would make a doll that I could photograph with at ALL the STATE Signs along our trip...I can sew decently but hand sewing is NOT a strong suit of mine. I havnet mastered the art of the Blind Stitch...So I made up a cute, funky, crude but simply made doll. To prove that I had NO idea or direction in what I wanted this doll to look like - I created a sort of Halloween inspired doll...what the heck...anyway it came out looking like this:

 
The entire body is hand stitched and the hair is knotted then stitched on to her head..the face was embroidered on and the outfit was crudely put together. Once she was done I put her to work!!!
 
This was on roadtrip 2015 this summer
first stop
 
Hadn't come in to Nevada this route before...

 
Small dry sleepy town Reno has nothing on Vegas.

 
Cute photo of newly named Road Trip Rita!

 
Another sleepy town

 
Made it into Utah

 
and Into the most amazing part of Utah - the Beautiful town of Bear Lake...
Someday this is where we want to retire!!!

 
This was cool being in 2 states at once...happened to us twice on this trip.
Once here and once before

 
Once here
 
cool right?
 

 
This is on the final leg of our trip and yes it was a doozy - I think this was the last of our road trips for awhile because my one daughter is a Sophomore and well she is getting deeply involved in sports and practices & clinics are always held in the summer (insert sad face) so I have put Road Trip Rita up for awhile and proudly she has served us well. Two road trips now and so many happy memories!!!
 
Here's hoping you are having a wonderful summer and savoring all your memories.
 
I will be linking this up to the following parties this week:
 
 
 
xoT
 

No comments: