Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Teacher appreciation Freebie

Lately, all the blogs have been sharing some fun free printables for Teacher Appreciation week...I have to be honest that I have passed on quite a few. Some really good ones, too. But nothing was calling to me. Then just today I realized that it's Wednesday and I need to get a move on getting something together for my boys teacher...so I decided to pick one of the freebies  offered today and found one (wish I could remember which blog I got it from) I printed it this morning and tonight around 9:00 pm I decided to put it together.

Now being that I am an avid crafter I had a bunch of things in my hoard that I knew I could use - so I was going for a framed piece but I couldn't find a small enough frame - then I remembered that somewhere in my space I had a small clip board, the ones you buy at the dollar store...


Once I brought it in - I literally pulled all the other items out from my scrapbooking desk.
I used Washi tape at the bottom, taped the verse in the middle under the clip then needed to hide the awful metal clip so I grabbed some really thick ribbon and tied a bow then hot glued it to the top. To finish it off I grabbed one of my little crocheted hearts and hot glued it to the bottom corner. 

And there you go; what started out as a free printable turned into a really sweet gift for a pretty cool teacher...aren't freebies Awesome! Great jumping off point for sure! 

I will be sharing this at all the parties above...here's to all the wonderful freebies offered out there - may you find some that ruffle your fancy!

No comments: