Monday, January 5, 2015

Getting scrappy with Tim Holtz

Trying to stay on track this year and keeping up to date on my scrapbooking. I was able to make a few pages to add to my Etsy store and then I got one done of a very important day for me.

So most people don't get my excitement but in the paper crafting field there are some super stars and well Tim Holtz and Mario are 2 of them. So I have been a fan of theirs and keep up with Tim's blog and Mario on Facebook - weird? I think more true FAN :-) Anyway, awhile back I won a giveaway Tim did and was over joyed to connect with Mario to get my prize and was in awe back then.

So if anyone who loves Tim and his products knows that he travels a lot and teaches all over and I have never been lucky enough to participate in those cool classes. So every year Tim goes to the Carson Stamp Show and everyone who follows him knows this (don't think I am a crazy stalker - wink) anyway its about an hour from my house to the Carson Show and after convincing talking my hubby into driving me down there we made it and I stood in back and watched "him" Tim that is...and he knew his stuff...I mean I expected no less but it was pretty cool...then I bought some stuff because well Mario was manning the register and sheeplishly asked for a photo - I actually think I mumbled something in pure excitement and he honored me with a photo.

Here is the scrapbook page I created of the "Best Day Ever"




 
Boy I was so star struck!!!
 
Here are some photos that I took but didn't make into my page...
 
 
He was the master at everything Tim! uh duh!!!!

 
That lady in the bun was in that front row spot for a good 2 hours...wouldn't budge



 
I mean really - that's me beaming with him in the background...its as close as I could get to him...
No really I am just a huge fan not a STALKER!!! promise...
 
 
Ok - so in honor of kicking the year of scrapbooking off to a good start here are the pages I just listed in my ETSY shop...
 
for the sweet pup in your life!

 
Christmas page

 
Love the colors for this page - also another Holiday page
 
Happy scrapbooking & star gazing
 
I'm linking this up to the following parties:
 
 
 
 
 
 
xoT
 

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for joining in with us this week at MMM - Happy New Year - Jacqueline xx

Basement Stamper said...

great start on your scrapbooking and I remember being the same way when I saw Tim-was totally startstruck :-) Love your pages you created!

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant scrapbooking page and love the photos ---Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
Carol DT x

Amanda said...

Fabulous job creating this page to document a wonderful memory! Thanks for joining us this week at Use your Stuff!

whoistracy said...

Great layout! I would have been star struck too. So glad you could play along with my Monday Mood Board!

Fliss said...

Great layouts and lucky you as I know what a great guy Tim is.
Thanks for joining in at MMM.
Fliss xx

Fliss said...

Great layouts and lucky you as I know what a great guy Tim is.
Thanks for joining in at MMM.
Fliss xx