Wednesday, January 1, 2014

365 MAKE IT challenge

I decided to give myself a challenge this year and of course I had to make it a creative challenge. But because I didn't want to make it ONLY a crafty challenge 

Good evening-I wanted to do something that would make an impact this year - you know set the mood for a wonderful 2014...so I thought I would give myself a challenge:

I decided to call it the 365 MAKE it challenge.
 
So for the next year I will be "Making" something which can include crafting, sewing, painting or cooking. It's just gotta be MADE by me!

I think this is going to be a good thing,  mostly because life gets so crazy that it'll be a positive thing to force myself to do something creative everyday! It'll be a small moment that will be devoted to me to exercise my talents! 

If you plan on joining me please leave a comment and I will definitely come check it out. I am hoping to figure out the linky tool and add it here - we'll see.

My first project for January 1, 2014 is a repurposing project which I started today and will get done tomorrow. Here are photos of the piece:
 
 
 
 
 
It's a headboard/footboard made into a bench - which I've had for awhile...I painted it white (I'll share the painted piece tomorrow)
 
 
 
 
 
ok - so that I have a completed project to share  I did make the card above tonight too for some friends that helped us with fan installation today! Cool friends are essential to a happy life! 

Let the CHALLENGE begin! Happy new year to you! Please come back and check out my daily posts! 

Happy crafting!
Tina 

6 comments:

MiamiKel said...

WOw! I'm excited for you! I just spied your thumbnail on the Word Art board and this chair has me intriqued! I can't wait to see your finished project. Blessings!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a great card, and I am SO thankful to have you share your talents with us. Thanks for stopping by to play along and please join us again soon.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Sabine said...

A very pretty thank you card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations,
hugs
Sabine

Cards by Ziggy said...

What a gorgeous make, thanks for sharing with us this fortnight at creative moments

Zoe DT

Cards by Ziggy said...

What a gorgeous make, thanks for sharing with us this fortnight at creative moments

Zoe DT

tammy said...

I like this goal - I feel like it's going to be a year of accomplishment. (That's what I'm telling myself.)
Can't wait to see your finished bench, I do admire your refinishing projects so much!